HOW TO APPLY MAKEUP; BEGINNERS GUILD.
HOW TO APPLY MAKEUP; BEGINNERS GUILD.
Makeup enhances beauty, but what happens when you are bad at it? I bet you wouldn’t feel alright. Everyone wants to put on some makeup but not everyone can do it perfectly. Applying makeup as a pro, shouldn’t be a puzzle. You just have to follow the general order.
If you are not familiar with this “general order”, don’t worry this article is for you, to helpp you level up your makeup game. So just relax, pay attention to each step as we gradually take you from face makeup, to the eye makeup and then the lip makeup.
Step 1: Prep your face for makeup.
For a good outcome or result, you must apply your makeup on a clean face. So it’s important you carry out your daily skin routine before applying makeup;
- Clean your face with a gentle facial cleanser to get rid of impurities from your face.
- Apply a suitable moisturizer to keep your face hydrated.
- Apply a face primer, this will prep your face and enable your makeup smooth and also last longer.
When you are done preparing your face, move to the next step. Step 2: Face makeup.
- Foundation: The first thing here is to apply Foundation. This makeup product can be tricky, so you must get a foundation that look just like your skin. Get a perfect shade for your skin.
To apply, use your finger and apply a few spots on your forehead, nose, chin and cheek. Then blend well using either your fingers, beauty blender or foundation brush.
- Conceal where necessary, especially under your eye and places where you need to brighten up or cover blemishes.
Concealer comes in different shades. If you want to conceal or reduce under eye cycles, use the lighter shade. If you want to cover blemishes, use a shade similar to or darker than your skin.
Don’t forget to blend the concealer into your skin.
- Setting Powder: Set the concealer with a setting powder. Apply the setting powder on the face with a powder puff. If you are using a brush, dust off excess powder before applying to the face to avoid sprinkling the powder all over your body.
Do not apply excess setting powder to avoid a baked face or a “cake look”
- Contour your face. This is done using a bronzer. The bronzer gives the face that sun- kissed look you’ve always admired.
For a nice outcome, use the right shade of bronzer for your face, apply on both sides of your face in the shape of number ‘3’.
Starting from your forehead, move down to your cheek and then sweep across your jaw and move up again in the same direction (now at the opposite side of your face), up to where you started. Remember to apply on your neck too.
For a more beautiful look, contour your nose with a bronze shade a bit darker than your skin.
- Blush: this is not always necessary, but if you want to add a little color to your face, you can go ahead an apply a blush.
A blush is applied at the cheek where we call “apple of the cheek”. Smile while applying it so that you can apply it at the right place.
- Highlighter: this is one of my favorite makeup essentials, even if I am going for a simple look, I don’t forget to add a touch of highlighter to add a bit of glam and glow to my makeup.
Highlighter can be in the liquid or powder form. Whichever one you choose, their application is still the same.
Highlighter is applied at;
- The inner corners of your eyelids
- Above your upper lips
- Bridge of your nose
- At your brow bone
- Top of your cheekbone
- Middle of your forehead and chin.
Now we move to eye makeup. Step 3: Eye makeup
- Eyebrows: carve your eyebrows before you draw or fill your brows. Then with an eye pencil, fill in your brows. Use a lighter shade of concealer to define your under brow and a darker shade for the upper brow line.
- Eyeshadow: whatever look you desire, use two corresponding eyeshadow; a lighter one and a darker one.
Apply the lighter one across your eyelids (from your eyelash line to your crease). And apply the darker color at the outer corner of your eye, a little above your lash line, and then brush over to your crease. Do not apply pass your eyelids.
Blend the two shades to remove visible lines.
- Eyeliner: you must be careful while applying an eyeliner because a little mistake can ruin your eye makeup.
There are different kinds of eyeliner, but for this article we’ll be using the liquid liner.
To apply, start with a thin strokes from the inner corner of your eyelid and as you proceed to the outer corner, make the stroke darker.
Most times, our hand might slip while we are applying. In this case, simply use a makeup remover and carefully clean up the mess.
- Mascara: this would give your lash a thicker and fuller look. Most people curl their lashes before applying the mascara, if you can do that, fine but of you can’t, just go ahead and apply your mascara.
Apply the mascara both at the upper and lower lashes. Last but not the least,
Step 4: lip makeup.
Apply a lip balm on your lips, if it is chapped or cracked, to prep it. And allow the balm to absorb before applying a lipstick or lip gloss.
I love lining my lips with a lip liner before rubbing my lipstick, you can try that too. After lining your lips (following its natural curve), apply your lipstick and blend with your finger.
If you desire a shiny lip, top your lipstick with a lipgloss.
Setting spray: this is the final touch to your makeup. It keeps your makeup in place, help reduce need for reapplication and keep your makeup flawless for hours.
So, that’s the end of our makeup class, you are done and you are good to go.
With these makeup application steps, and having a complete makeup kit, you are on your way to becoming a pro at makeup.